Friday, August 20, 2010

reality lost


I don't know what it is recently, but my dreams have been insane. Not even where they used to be when I got used to the oddities and mishaps of my dreams. Now, they're just at a point where... woah. I can't figure out where the ridiculous overdrive of intensely realistic dreams are coming from. Sometimes I drink sleepy time tea, sometimes I don't. Sometimes I have a glass of wine or 3 and sometimes I don't. The consistency of my dreams being so odd is so regular that I can't figure out why. It used to be that whenever I was on any sort of sleep inducing medicine I'd get weird dreams (Nyquil, allergy meds, etc).

Last night's dreams took the cake though. Twice in the middle of the night I woke up with my heart pounding because in my dream I was on the brink of death. Falling upwards. Drowning. I remember in my dream what it felt like to drown. How real it felt. I remember the way my chest seemed to feel as if it were caving in as the water rushed over me, pushing me down. 1 second. 2 seconds. 30 seconds. gone.

I've had realistic dreams before, but nothing. Nothing ever came so close to this. It scared me, but not in the way that scary things scare people, but in the way that having death dreams isn't healthy is it?? I'm at such a fantastic point in my life that I just don't understand. What am I missing or pushing out of my head? Why are my dreams out to kill me?

No comments:

Post a Comment