Sunday, August 22, 2010

My roommate has been going through some sort of spiritualistic rebirth in his life and has been throwing the phrase "everything happens for a reason" around a bit in relation to things that have gone on in both of our lives. If that's true...I really would love to know the reason for the phone call last night.

The travel agent called. The one who came as close to breaking my heart as anyone has in ages. The one I didn't hear from since we went to Disney months ago. The one who I deleted from my phone. Woke up to my phone ringing with a number I didn't recognize. Answered it. There he was. He "needed someone to talk to" and "knew that he could trust me." What girl doesn't love to hear that she's needed? An hour later, there he was in my kitchen, arms wrapped around me in a hug. It was as if not a single day had gone by. I knew that having him here was a bad idea but it isn't until now that he's gone that it really hit me how bad. I just wanted to help someone who I cared about. And instead I wake up barely dressed with him next to me this morning. He's gone now. No promise of calling again or seeing him soon. Already I'm left wanting what I know I shouldn't.

There's a frying pan on my bedroom floor. The travel agent was in my bed. And I'm pretty sure my roommate spent a good amount of time on our roof in my Wonder Woman costume. Last night was just one big clusterfuck of "what the hell?"

what the hell happened to a relaxing weekend?!

No comments:

Post a Comment